East Lincoln ministry celebrates 30 years
The Ministry has four primary ministries through which it functions: Crisis Ministry, the Pantry, Home Meals Ministry and the Closet.
East Lincoln Christian Ministry is governed by a Board of Directors that meets quarterly to monitor the activities, programs and services provided by the four individual ministries. All churches in the East Lincoln area are welcome to become part of this cooperative venture. ELCM offers various types of assistance to those in a crisis situation until they are able to find stability in their lives.
The ministry will hold several upcoming programs.
• Jan. 8: GED Program at ELCM will re-open. This program will be led by new teacher, Alissa, from Gaston College. Details: Gaston College-Lincoln Campus, 704-748-1046.
• Jan. 12: Denver Baptist Church will serve coffee and pastries to all East Lincoln Christian Ministry customers from 8:30-10 a.m.
• Jan. 25: The Mobile Food Pantry from Second Harvest Food Bank will be at the Ministry for eligible clients. This Mobile Food Pantry will be sponsored by Salem United Methodist Church. Details: Laura Moore at 704-483-4415.
• Feb. 1: The Dental Bus returns to the ministry for eligible clients. Services include fillings, extractions and cleanings. ELCM still needs two dentists and assistants. Details: 704-483-4415
• Feb. 11: Ministry holds Volunteer Appreciation Dinner and 30 years of Community Service Celebration at 5:30 p.m. at the Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Denver. Details: Laura Moore at 704-483-4415.