Chamber, LEDA honor local businesses
The Lincolnton-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce and the Lincoln Economic Development Association recognized outstanding businesses and volunteers at the chamber’s annual banquet Nov. 17.
The development association chose Actavis Mid Atlantic as the 2011 Industry of the Year. To be selected, the development association requires that industries make a positive impact in Lincoln County, significantly contribute time or money to the community, be a leader in their field and maintain the highest standards of conduct in working with the community.
The chamber selected Eddie Knox, of Knox, Brotherton, Knox & Godfrey, who also developed Verdict Ridge Country Club, as the 2011 Small Business Person of the Year.
“Eddie has just been so supportive of the community. He and his family… it’s just a success story,” said Chamber President Ken Kindley.
Melisa Harrison, of 1st Advantage Insurance Group, was honored as volunteer of the year at the chamber.
“Melisa is very active,” Kindley said. “She’s just done an outstanding job.”
Cathy Melesh, of Juice Plus, is the Ambassador of the Year. “She comes to most of our events, and she’s always promoting the chamber,” Kindley said.
Kindley and the chamber recognized Denver Weekly as New Member of the Year.
The Lincolnton Rotary also joined the chamber and the economic development association at the banquet to name Shirley C. Smith as this year’s Woman of the Year and the late James “Bo” Moore, Jr. as Man of the Year.
The chamber also installed the following board members for 2012:
• Chair of Board: Buddy Collins, Edward Jones
• Treasurer: Shelly McCraw, Carolina Trust Bank
• Jeff Emory, City of Lincolnton
• Buddy Fisher, Charter Communications
• Melisa Harrison, 1st Advantage Insurance Group
• Henry Helms, Helms Christmas Tree Farm
• Sherry Hoyle, Lincoln County Schools
• Jim Klein, Lincoln County Board of Commissioners
• Donna Beringer, Past Chair, Carolina Federal Credit Union
• Deidre Nachamie, Nachamie & Whitley, Attorneys at Law
• Panico Peres, Sabo USA
• Gary Schall, The Timken Company
• Bud Tschudin, Modacam, Inc.
• Keith Gaskill, Printing Unlimited
• Bo King, King’s Office Suppy
• David Boyles, Carolina Furniture Mart
• Chris Rhyne, Rhyne Financial
• Crystal Gettys, Lincoln Economic Development Association
• Cathy Huffman, A Sani Can
Tammy Scruggs, Fifth Third Bank